After a break since 2020 the Munster Schools Indoor Games returns on March 8th 2023. We have been unable to confirm this event before now due to a variety of logistic reasons. There is a very tight turnaround to get entries in so your cooperation is required.
Venue: Nenagh Olympic Indoor Arena
Date: Wednesday 8th March 2023
Time: Events will start at 11am SHARP
Registration: from 9.30am and will close at 10.30am
Closing date for entries is 6pm on Friday 3rd March 2023.
NO LATE ENTRIES
Links to entry forms have been emailed to schools
60m: All Age Groups
600m: Minor & Junior
1000m: Inter & Senior
High Jump: Open Competition *
Shot: All Age Groups
Long Jump: All Age Groups
4 x 200m Relay: Minor, Junior & Inter
* starting heights: Girls 1.40m – Boys 1.55m
Minor: Under 14 on 1st July 2023 – born on/after 1st July 2009
Junior: Under 15 on 1st July 2023 – born on/after 1st July 2008
Inter: Under 17 on 1st July 2023 – born on/after 1st July 2006
Senior: Under 19 on 1st January 2023 – born on/after 1st January 2004
- All entries must be completed online before 6pm on Friday 3rd March. NO LATE ENTRIES.
- Fee shall be €5 per athlete / €10 per Relay Team. Payment on the day at registration.
- Athletes must compete in their own age group except for relays (see note below)
- A school may not enter more than THREE athletes in any event.
- Athletes are confined to a maximum of TWO events plus ONE relay.
- One relay team per school per age group only.
- Three attempts only at Long Jump and Shot.
- All Field Event athletes must be technically proficient & competent in the event in the interest of safety.
- Minimum standards may apply.
- 60m Sprints will have heats, (semis) and finals as required.
- 600m, 1000m & 4 x 200m Relays will be decided on fastest times. There will be no heats & finals.
- ONE athlete may move up one age category (eg Junior in Inter team)
- Athletes may only compete in ONE relay on the day.